Dallas City Temple’s mission is to help the community create and deepen its connection to Jesus Christ through scripture, worship, ministries and events.
That connection offers tools to successfully build strong bridges between members, friends, family, neighbors and community.
As part of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, Dallas City Temple believes the Bible is the foundation of all life, and that God, through wisdom, grace and infinite love, is the architect of our eternal relationship with Him and humanity.
Supporting this foundation are the six doctrines of:
While Dallas City Temple has served the Cedar Crest community from its current location for close to half a century, the organization’s roots in the Dallas area stretch back to the late 19th century. In the late 1800s, Seventh-Day Adventist laymen came to North Texas to work with, and oversee the first group of converts.
The first church site opened in 1919 in a small tent on Central Avenue, near Littlejohn's Drug Store. Ten years later, the church moved into its first permanent building at 1526 South Haskell Avenue.
Through much of the 20th century, the physical church and its members taught, studied and preached from various sites in South Dallas. The church began operations from 1600 Bonnie View Road, in 1971.