The Evangelism Ministry team enables the City Temple Church as a corporate body to focus on the Great Commission as found in Matthew 28:18-20. In the Biblical context, the five functions of the New Testament church combine to continue the ministry of Christ on earth: evangelism, discipleship, ministry, fellowship, and worship.
Evangelism, the very heart of Christianity, is the theme of primary importance to those called to herald God’s last warning to a doomed world. We are in time’s closing hours, and the advent message, proclaimed to make ready a people prepared for our Lord’s return, must swell to a loud cry reaching the uttermost parts of the earth.
Led by our pastoral team, the Evangelism Ministry team is organized to:
• Lead members of the church to a deeper commitment of personal evangelism.
• Give oversight and direction to the evangelistic ministries of the church, including but not limited to The Sabbath School, Community Care, and Special Evangelism Events.
• Assist City Temple members in fulfilling the task of evangelism through new and existing ministries of the church.
• Preach and teach the Bible, believing that it has God for its author, salvation for its end, and truth without any mixture of error for its matter.
• Work with the ministry leaders in communicating the priority of evangelism as a part of the vision for ministry that God gives to our congregation.